There’s no shortage of picturesque villages and towns in the area. We’ve selected some of the best ones to visit below.
1. Shere is one of the most charming villages in Surrey. It has appeared in a number of films including The Holiday and Bridget Jones Edge of Reason. With it’s quaint cottages and medieval streets it’s a
lovely place to while away a couple of hours. https://www.sheredelight.com/
2. The West Sussex town of Arundel is full of history and there is plenty on offer here. You can shop at the many independent boutiques/antique markets, go boating on Swanbourne Lake, visit Arundel Castle or swim outdoors at the lido. There are also plenty of waterside pubs, cafes and restaurants for lunch overlooking the River Arun. https://www.arundel.org.uk/
3. Once voted the most desirable place to live, Midhurst, located on the River Rother is renowned for its historical buildings, unique shops and magnificent gardens. The famous ruins at Cowdray are also worth a visit whilst here. https://visitmidhurst.com/
4. Cranleigh, the largest village in England is only a 10 minute drive from the site. The bustling high street has an array of independent shops as well as some high street names. There is a market every Thursday.It’s
also a great place to stock up on supplies with Sainsbury’s, Marks and Spencer and the Co-op here. https://www.cranleighvillage.net/default.asp
5. The market town of Petworth is famous for its antiques- there are over 30 art and antique shops here. After having a look around it’s also the perfect place for a pitstop. We would recommend the Hungry Guest Cafe and Deli and The Angel Inn for a bite to eat. https://discoverpetworth.uk